Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is my 2005 balt ls....i bought it written off on pass side. then dad and i fixed it (he was a body man for 30 years) so a month after this car hit the road...my first car i might add...me and buddy went drifting he has a neon...we hit head on.......his neon got the drivers wheel torn clean off....dont got pics i will try to get some of his car.....so its a sad day....and im only 16

before wreck

·
Registered
41 Posts
ouch!!!

how did you possibly manage to hit head on??

I had to replace the entire front right tire assembly to cover my stupid. Cost me a lot of money.

I realized that at 16 you just don't have the experience or income to be risking my baby like that...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol i was on ice and coming out of a drift and he was coming out of a drift and thought we were playing chicken......we werent he found that out real quick.....

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
haha wow
wenever i go "drifting" or sliding around haha with friends i go in a HUGGGGGGGE parking lot where there is lots of space.
i take it you were doing it pretty close to your friends.

lol how did you tell ur parents this one?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya the first time we missed eachother by a foot then turned around and thought cool lets try again....did get it on video it looks funny but its not that funny......told them str8 up.....there pissed ya but o well....what u think it will cost to fix it....i dont mind using used parts......

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
TOO MUCH
lol ur front frame is bent to the extreme
radiator is trashed
i dont know man alot to fix few grand

·
Registered
41 Posts
probably a grand or more..

i use a huge parking lot and traffic cones when i go which is really rare

·
Registered
92 Posts
DAAAYYUMMMMM!!!
your shot got ****ed up man that sucks

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ouch! It does not look "fixable" to me. I would start over....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup for used parts it will cost me 3600 to fix and thats me and dad hes a body man
so 3600+paint.....and if we had it done in shop it would of cost 6500 canadian
....ouch

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Sorry to say, but this is what happens when you screw around like that! I honestly don't know why all these people are being so sympathetic. You drive a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE ECONOMY CAR! DO NOT TRY TO DRIFT IT! I do not usually say this, but you got what you deserved. Your lucky you were not hurt!

Again I'm sorry, I had to say it. Please do not take offense.
So where's the video?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cant figure out how to put on youtube ill post a link once i get it up

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Sorry to say, but this is what happens when you screw around like that! I honestly don't know why all these people are being so sympathetic. You drive a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE ECONOMY CAR! DO NOT TRY TO DRIFT IT! I do not usually say this, but you got what you deserved. Your lucky you were not hurt!

Again I'm sorry, I had to say it. Please do not take offense.
So where's the video?
X2 ....You car looked halfway decent before the wreck with the custom mesh and all.. Shame to see it go to waste. Have fun repairing it. Hope this is a lisson learned

·
Registered
41 Posts
it doesn't help having people say i told you so, it just ticks you off

from personal experience i can tell you he learned his lesson he doesn't need everyone to make him feel stupid when he already feels like a [email protected]$$

You can drift cobalts, as a matter a fact there great for it.. the stupid part was doing it in a neighborhood, on snow, with two cars, in opposite directions, PLAYING CHICKEN?!

everyone screws up bad every now and then

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.