Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I didn't quite make it to 220k miles . . . I know in my new member introduction, many were glad to see a Cobalt could pass 215k+ Miles . . . However, this morning on the way to work, I was Rear-ended, hard enough that the chain reaction from me being hit included 4 other cars in front of me.

She was a good car . . .I'm confident I would have gotten many more years . . . Im 99% sure it's totalled, She will be missed *sniffle*

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Cosmetic damage. But it will be written off because of the high mileage. Time to hunt for a low mile 2010 SS.

How's your neck?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im alright, My knees hit the dash, nice bruise on the inside of my knee. Thanks for asking :) Well the radiator is smashed I think . . . at least it was hissing, and leaking. It started back up and I moved it to the shoulder so . . .

The police wouldn't let me drive it, which I wasn't anyway. For what it's worth, I think I fixed that oil leak! heh.I kind of hope its written off, I've already started looking around for another car.

I actually see a 2003 Cavalier Z24 I like . . . Its still an Ecotec I believe. So, technically . .. Itll be a CavyBalt . . . lol :)

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

SS would be nice, but I cant drive a stick . . . I know, I know . . . A guy around the corner has a Maroon Cobalt that has the SS chromes, but I don't know if they make SS in Maroon. It might be like the package that comes with them thats not SS, I cant remember what its called . . . Ill check it out though . . . if its less than 5k I might get it, looks nice.

·
Registered
584 Posts
2lt is what you are looking for.
And yes they do make maroon SS cobalt I know 2 people with maroon coupes.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Sorry to see this, but good to hear the car protected you. You could probably buy the car back and part it out for more money if you have the space and time. Good luck on your next venture

·
Registered
311 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok...don't know what hit you and how fast either of you were going at impact but it looks like the passenger part of your car took it pretty well.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
She was probably texting. lol

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
some people I would perfer take the impact over the car :)

My friends car looked fine other than a scuffed front bumper and busted front headlight but the insurance company wrote it off with only 800km on the odometer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't have the time or space to part it out, also I live in a city where you cant have a car untagged or immobile sitting in your driveway, It's some code or BS. I have been called by my insurance company and gave a statement to the other drivers insurance, they're basically coming to the conclusion that it's the driver's fault that hit me, which is usually the case in rear end collisions.

Yeah the drivers side definitely took the most damage, like I said, I couldstill start it and move it, LOL. But the radiator, or a coolant line, was leaking and hissing.

I may go look at that cobalt today, I still have a 1999 Sable wagon to drive, that's my wife's, BUT the brake line started leaking last night under the drivers door!! So we're fixing that today . . . ugh. But, since I do have something else to drive, I'm not in a huge hurry to get a new car until I know what's up with the insurance.

Regardless of whether they total it or not, which I think they will because other than the damage you see, I'm told it's a unibody frame, and its probably damaged throughout, also between the age and mileage. Either way I'm gonna a junk it, I dont have time or money to go through all the repairs, and it still won't be totally repaired . .

Thanks again for all your concerns on my own well being :) . . . I have a pretty nasty bruise inside my thigh, otherwise just a little sore, my car did hold up well as far as protecting me, the air bag didn't go off, which is fine i guess . . . My seat belt held me back. I guess for those of us that don't wear them, an air bag not going off would mean a steering wheel for breakfast! lol :)

well Im off to fix another car :) . . . have a good one ;)

Joseph

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.