Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haven't been on here in a while.. been hanging out on facebook. Well.. i hit another raccoon. Was driving to work and it was cold, very windy (up to 60mph gusts), and downpouring rain, and there was a raccoon. Swerved to the left lane, but there was an oncoming car, and the damn coon couldn't make up its mind where to go, so i ended up hitting it. It pushed both my radiators into my fan :(
So for right now my car is sitting at my boyfriends' uncles house until i decide what to do with it.

But on the bright side: my boyfriends' dad is a mechanic and he is going to install like a steel beam thing under my car that will protect my radiator so next time i hit a raccoon or any other stupid animal it will hit the beam and not the radiator :)
And im going to get halogens so i can see better at night :)

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Dang. Sorry to hear that, but glad everyone is ok.

Steel beam radiator guard sounds awesome. Please post up pics when done. Oh, and you can call this one the "Road Warrior Mod."

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang. Sorry to hear that, but glad everyone is ok.

Steel beam radiator guard sounds awesome. Please post up pics when done. Oh, and you can call this one the "Road Warrior Mod."
i most definately will post pics when done. Not sure how long it will be... hoping by the second week in november... need the car come thanksgiving time

·
Registered
435 Posts
I once struck a racoon with my old '94 Taurus, Not a single mark on the bumper. Vehicles from the '90's were solidly made when new cars like our Balt's come with cheap sheetmetal which can easily be dented, even the slightest tap.

Besides the coon, I ran over a few squirrels and a baby gator no joke.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah, these radiators are pretty unguarded at the bottom. A steel beam is the way to go!

Mine's got a few dents from a discarded Miller beer box at 70mph, someone's cardboard box at 70 mph, and a whole flippin' rug at 65 mph.

·
Registered
296 Posts
got the news on the balt, roughly $800 in damage to the Radiator, so while that's getting replaced i am having some other work done to it too, hopefully will be getting it back with in a day or two

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think i should gather a group of raccoons and feed them garbage and while they are eating someone's garbage douse them in gasoline and light their little fat furry bodies on fire. that will delete a chunk of the raccoon population :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.