Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this a good idea? i got a stock manuel 06' cobalt, the guy said he is running a 2002 Jetta 1.8 turbo 5 speed and is offering a 1 mile race for pinks, i kinda want another car too since I kinda think mine is a granny car, is this a good idea? pretty sure jettas are just weak economy girl cars. when i start in lower gears i really jump off so i think i can take him?

thanks

·
Registered
931 Posts
Pretty simple... Don't race for pinks. Don't care what car you have or what you are up against. Also you keep calling your car a granny car. Maybe you should have bought something else to begin with. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
is there a reason? it would be nice to win another car
Even if you are faster off the line, that turbo'd vw is going to pass you by the end. Your car is going to wheez at the end of 4th gear(assuming youre 5 speed and stock) which will be before the end of the 1st 1/4 mile.

Like others said, why risk your car. especially if your unsure what the other guy has...
Also keep ANY racing at the track

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Never put up anything that you cannot afford to lose. Simple enuff?

·
Registered
21 Posts
don't doit.

the last thing you need is to have no car. turbo got you in this one man.

Chevy cobalt LT sport 2.2L 2009. 10" fockford fosgate sub-woofer(P1)

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
It's faster than your car in every way.

You'll lose.

Just because its "only a 1.8 liter" doesn't mean shit. It has a turbo, you do not. It has more aggressive gearing than you, it has a higher top speed than you, it has more power than you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I will gladly take the car off of your hands without you racing, at least that will save you the embarrassment. As was said by the poster above me, he/she has a turbo, you do NOT.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I dont think he is going to realize he is beat and get the point.

Dont know why you bought a Cobalt if you talk nothing but shit calling it a "granny" car and you are ready to loose it pretty quick.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You'll lose i'm a hundred percent sure. My girlfriends mom have a beetle 1.8t that I tried once and I can say that you don't even stand a chance. and golf are more aerodynmic than a beetle haha

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

by the end of the race he'll go a 150 mph and you'll be at like 130. Just sayin

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
You'll lose i'm a hundred percent sure. My girlfriends mom have a beetle 1.8t that I tried once and I can say that you don't even stand a chance. and golf are more aerodynmic than a beetle haha

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

by the end of the race he'll go a 150 mph and you'll be at like 130. Just sayin
Actually he'll be at 110, because that's what Cobalts are limited to. :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
931 Posts
How are they limited? I go past 110 almost everyday? Not by much but I do.... And I wasnt asking sarcastically I was just curious. Electronically limited I am assuming? If you get a tune can that be changed? I top out at about 115 constantly.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.