Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Check out my new header. Its Racing Solution new header for the 2.2. Install went smoothly No modifications were required and everything fit perfectly I would recommend this header to anybody with a 2.2 looking for a shorty header.

Look how much of a difference there is from the stock collector

And it meets up with the size of the stock downpipe perfectly!

After the install I felt a pretty decent gain! And no noticeable loss of low end torque!
Now all i need is a LSJ down pipe!

THANKS AGAIN TO RACING SOLUTION!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed it yesterday 2/26 and so far no CELs.

I do not have SAI so yes it works for non SAI balts!

I really like it! Before i could feel the engine kinda choke at real high rpms but now its just a steady pull all the way to redline!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, Actually I just sprayed the bolts down with some penetrating fluid before i tried to loosen them. Everything went really smoothly
-----Added 28 Feb 2009 at 12:51:16-----
Look'n good! Glad you like it
Yep header's great! thanks again!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm pretty sure the primaries are 1.5 inches. I didn't measure them though.. and the collector is 3 inches. Pretty much perfect for the 2.2. At first i thought the collector might be a little too big, but the opening for the downpipe measures 3 inches! So it worked out great.
-----Added 28 Feb 2009 at 10:14:34-----
Daman...that header looks sharp! Why is it listed only for the 2.2?
Good question! I'm sure it would be fine for the 2.4!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
That's what I'm thinking..but unless the manufacturer states that I'm hesitant on purchasing -- just in case they found something...there's always some little part just not quite right...LoL

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Well they have one listed for the 2.4/2.0. It has bigger primaries, but look at the collector. It appears to only be 2" at best.:notrust:
http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/racing-solution/8401-chevy-cobalt-performance-4-1-header-2-0l-2-4l.html

I think the 2.2 header would be a better choice for the 2.4 also.
I PM'd them about that too. I don't like the one in the 2.2/2.4 thread you have in your response...I do like the one you installed. Is it stainless? It sure is shiney...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good news guys.. the 2.0/2.4 SS header has been redesigned so it will be stainless like the 2.2L one.. ALSO, the exit port is larger like the 2.2L as well...I'll be updating pics shortly

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh yeah, the heatshield takes a little hand bending but it still fits over the header for that "stock" look!

You can only use 2 of the bolts though, the other bolt hole was in the stock manifold

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.