Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys long time no see!

So i was speaking to my dealer to diagnose my steering problem. They pinpointed it to my steering rack, which is what i expected. So then they explained it'll go bad again because my wheels are too big (18inch) that's when i got lost. Then i asked him how is that even a thing and he continued saying stuff i really didn't listen to.

I just want to get the opinion of you trusty ol folk. Is my steering going bad caused by my wheels? i have FE5 most things i can get except control arms.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
He's full of it, what are your symptoms?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's full of it, what are your symptoms?
i figured that much, I came back a couple hours ago from talking to the service guy and he was just telling me what the tech told him, i didn't get to speak to the tech since he was gone when i got there.

My symptoms are my steering wheel feeling like a boat wheel usually when parking, and when going maybe 40mph+ my steering wheel get stuck when trying to turn sometimes.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Isn't it the same rack as the ss? That came with 18s factory
yea that is why i found that techs theory silly, i got factory Supercharged SS wheels

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
I think the SS gets a quicker ratio, but the rack is the same - so that "diagnosis" is entirely BS.

That just sounds like a bad rack, but not due to the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I agree with Colby on the intermediate shaft I had the same problem or my steering wheel would stick or be stiff sometimes. spray some PB Blaster or white lithium grease on the U joint and it will free up for a few days that would indicate that's the problem. Then replace it.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i will def check that out fellas, ty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.