Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys, I'm having an issue with my radiator fan, it's a 08 LT and has the dual fan radiator, would the single fan radiator fit? Because I look on rockauto and it only shows the single for the LT but when I select the SS it shows the dual. The problem it's having is when I turn on the AC and the AC fan turns on it starts making an awful sound, sounds like the AC fan is hitting something but it's not. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Check one of the various GM parts on line and confirm the part number for your fan. Then you can shop around for best price.
There is a good chance one of the bearings on your fan is trashed. This needs the be fixed BEFORE it stops making sound or you stand a good chance of toasting your engine. Then all sorts of nastys could happen.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I suggest you get the fan motor replaced. There are several different 08 Cobalt dual fan assemblies including a new fan shroud, fans & motors. You might look and see if your fan assembly had been replaced with some after market unit. I searched and find several twin fan assemblies from ~$80-$150 but could not find just the fan motoreven though GM lists them in the parts brake down...The don’t give a part number for just the fan motor. Grumble grumble.
Maybe @Coby7 has a detailed parts break down listing the motors part number.
Also
Look at four seasons or 4seanons fan motors ~$25-$30 and get one that matches the ones you own

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks tbird, I need to replace the dual cooling fan, but mine is a 2.2l and it only shows me fans that are only single, but the dual is for the 2.0l,i don't get it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.