Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 2008 2.2L Chevy Cobalt with the single radiator fan, and it recently stopped working. I bought the replacement fan I need and removed the lower radiator brackets and tried to push up to release the fan from the radiator like I read in the Haynes manual and also in a youtube video I watched, but the fan will not come free.

Am I doing something wrong, or does it just require a greater amount of strength to do so than what I have?

Thank you all for your time.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It comes out from underneath the car. I put mine on a lift to remove it from below. Also have to remove the radiator mounting brackets, although I was able to remove just the on on the passenger side. It’s the same with the radiator, it removes from underneath the car, not from the top.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It comes out from underneath the car. I put mine on a lift to remove it from below. Also have to remove the radiator mounting brackets, although I was able to remove just the on on the passenger side. It’s the same with the radiator, it removes from underneath the car, not from the top.
I managed to get the fan out and replaced, but I might have been a little rough with the upper transmission cooler line and now I think I need to replace either the o-ring, the connector fitting, or the whole line assembly because there is a small leak. This is what I get for attempting to do maintenance on my own vehicle I guess :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts