Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, my radiator hose touches my intake no matter what i do(hood pushes it right down onto it when i close it. Anyways, i just notice that the longer tube on my intake heats up quite a bit(see pic). Im just wondering how this affects performance compared to it not touching...
Might i also add that since i installed my intake, my coolant temps will raise up a lil faster, but they will also fall just as fast too.

·
Registered
317 Posts
should be no big deal unless it kinks the hose. may soak a little heat from the coolant into the intake but no biggie.
****thread jack alert****

dude your back?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Its not changing the form of the hose in any way, so im glad to hear theres nothing wrong. Now another question relating my intake. Ever since I put the breather filter on my SAI, i have been getting a CEL. Could this be because the diameter of the filter is about half the size of the stock one? I figured the fact that the filter was high flow might have balanced that out.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
filter? what? there's a pcv hose that goes to your intake. this is to create suction in your valve cover to compliment the positive pressure caused by windage and blowby. it's pretty intricate, but basically you NEED you make sure all of your intake couplers, pcv hose and everything are air tight past the mass airflow sensor or you will get a false reading and most likely a rough idle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everything is air tight, im talking about the SAI tube(cant be seen in the pics) I put one of the smaller spectre breather filters on it. But that is now gone(somewhere between here and california lol, lost it on the trip sometime :p ). Anyways, i hear that the CEL may be cleared up if i unhook my battery for 15 mins. Im gonna try that tomorrow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know spectre carries a larger breather filter that can fit over the SAI tube instead of being plugged inside of the tube. Im definitely gonna do this because I dont want to leave my SAI tube unfiltered since it was filtered with the stock intake.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.