Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people been a while! okay story time! loll.... my original radiator lasted 150K miles and it developed a small leak from the drain plug area it was a small leak about 6-8oz over a 4 day period(i left a small cup underneath to see how bad the leak was). so i ordered a cheap (about 50 bucks) radiator from ebay it had a lifetime warranty.

So i installed that and about two weeks later i now have a small leak on the other side....the car sat on a Saturday and it was fine but Tuesday i had a small puddle on the driver side this time.. the leak is coming from the upper end of the radiator (fan shroud is wet). i opened the coolant cap and there was a little amount of pressure built up. (is that normal for sitting for a while??)

is it just a struck of bad luck where the replacement radiator is bad as well or is there something more going on? i hope its not a gasket but no loss of coolant besides the one that is on the ground. ill check oil later. any suggestions or ideas would be great thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.