Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio Steering Wheel Controls

14K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  uZi5 
#1 ·
Hey there, just to clear things up for people, as I could not find a great answer on this...

I have a 2010 cobalt LT, it has cruise, but no steering wheel radio controls

I got the harness and controls out of a 2007 G5 and they plug and play into the cobalt and then you will have radio controls on your steering wheel.

Pretty simple to do, my only advice is to take off the 3 torx bolts holding the horn stuff in place and get that outa your way.

But ya just thought id make a clear post about that for people. If you don't have steering wheel radio controls and you want them, then you will need the harness as well as the controls from a 07-10 model (not sure about previous years)

#2 ·
Make a clear post with pics. Maybe a little more details

#5 ·
I'm planning on installing a wheel with cruise, and radio controls on mine, Ill use the regular instructions, and these mold them together and take pics. I think I'm ordering the wheel next week.

#9 ·
just found out that GM has a service bulletin out that claims they no longer support programming the BCM of a Cobalt without cruise and telling it that it has cruise....

So you might have a hard time finding a dealer to do it.. not sure why they don't support it anymore but the Bulletin just came out this June

#10 ·
I'm in Alaska our world is about 5 years behind yours.

#11 ·
ah gotcha. Might be only GM canada that is not supporting it anyways.

Sounds like a simple procedure for the dealer to do with the Tech2 scanner.

I have a PDF file with the instructions of how to enable cruise using gm's tech2. If you have any problems with the dealer not being familiar with this addon then send me a PM with your email and ill send you the PDF

#17 ·
I think there is but its something like 200 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.