Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, just to clear things up for people, as I could not find a great answer on this...

I have a 2010 cobalt LT, it has cruise, but no steering wheel radio controls

I got the harness and controls out of a 2007 G5 and they plug and play into the cobalt and then you will have radio controls on your steering wheel.

Pretty simple to do, my only advice is to take off the 3 torx bolts holding the horn stuff in place and get that outa your way.

But ya just thought id make a clear post about that for people. If you don't have steering wheel radio controls and you want them, then you will need the harness as well as the controls from a 07-10 model (not sure about previous years)

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Make a clear post with pics. Maybe a little more details

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have, but honestly didnt think of it until afterwords.. Its pretty easy to figure out though once you take the airbag off. Its right there infront of you lol. The only part I found tricky was knowing if it will work or not, and it will

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I should have, but honestly didnt think of it until afterwords.. Its pretty easy to figure out though once you take the airbag off. Its right there infront of you lol. The only part I found tricky was knowing if it will work or not, and it will
I'm planning on installing a wheel with cruise, and radio controls on mine, Ill use the regular instructions, and these mold them together and take pics. I think I'm ordering the wheel next week.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
cool, bear in mind if you don't have cruise already you will need to go to the dealer to get the computer flashed
Also: Ensure that Pin61 in the BCM connector is popluated if wanting to do cruise. If not, it won't work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just found out that GM has a service bulletin out that claims they no longer support programming the BCM of a Cobalt without cruise and telling it that it has cruise....

So you might have a hard time finding a dealer to do it.. not sure why they don't support it anymore but the Bulletin just came out this June

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
just found out that GM has a service bulletin out that claims they no longer support programming the BCM of a Cobalt without cruise and telling it that it has cruise....

So you might have a hard time finding a dealer to do it.. not sure why they don't support it anymore but the Bulletin just came out this June
I'm in Alaska our world is about 5 years behind yours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ah gotcha. Might be only GM canada that is not supporting it anyways.

Sounds like a simple procedure for the dealer to do with the Tech2 scanner.

I have a PDF file with the instructions of how to enable cruise using gm's tech2. If you have any problems with the dealer not being familiar with this addon then send me a PM with your email and ill send you the PDF

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
ah gotcha. Might be only GM canada that is not supporting it anyways.

Sounds like a simple procedure for the dealer to do with the Tech2 scanner.

I have a PDF file with the instructions of how to enable cruise using gm's tech2. If you have any problems with the dealer not being familiar with this addon then send me a PM with your email and ill send you the PDF
Will do.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

I don't see why they are saying not to... every aftermarket cruise kit requires a reflash.

If all else fails, play dumb and claim the cruise stopped working. They won't question it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has the part numbers needed to do this?? I have 09 LT. I would really love to do this. I have done this mod before on my HHR.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
i would do this if i still had the stock radio lol.. i wonder if there is a harness to where you can use the steering wheel controls with an aftermarket radio
I think there is but its something like 200 bucks

·
Registered
232 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.