Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
I'm pretty sure it will. 2007 was the first year they started using that newer style radio, and I think it went unchanged until the Cobalt was discontinued.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it will work too cause I seen on another forum where a guy took a 09 radio and installed it in a 07 he just had to get the dealer to program it

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yeah, they're set up to not work on a different VIN (or something like) that to discourage theft. The dealer can re-program the radio to work on a new VIN. If it's unlocked like yours, then I'm relatively certain that it'll work. Worst case scenario, you wire everything together, it doesn't work, you take it to a dealer to have them re-program it.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If it says it is unlocked it will work immediately when you put it in, you will not need to go to the dealer to disarm the theft deterrent module because it will not see an intruder.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yeah, it has GMLan High speed but don't worry about that if it's unlocked, because signal will flow right through the radio and onto all the other CPUs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I have a 2007 cobalt and I seen on ebay they have a 2010 cobalt radio unlocked and I wanted to find out on here if it would work with my car

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It should

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I un-lock radios all the time with my TechII and have no problems just make sure if you have the Up level radio with the bass box to tell the guy because these are two different radios.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Mind you when radios are unlocked prior to install I forget what option doesn't work anymore. Probably listed on his sight though. I believe it's when you press AUX it goes into AUX but the little icon in the top left corner still shows CD. Don't take my word on this one going from memory and I'm old, very old.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Uh! I have a 2010 and it doesn't have a USB input.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yeah, it was a $100 option for the 2007-2010 Cobalts. I don't miss it too badly, but it would have been nice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got it for 67 dollars and I'm going to add some kenwood 6.5 speakers in the door and some 6x9 in the back for a clean sound

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I want to thank you all for the replies and I want to let you know that a 2010 cobalt radio with usb will work in a 07 with no problem if it is unlocked

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.