Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I guess I'm an old fart recalling his younger days or something...

Earlier this year, I got my gorgeous Imperial Blue Cobalt. I love how the car looks but the tires are pretty average, IMHO. Performance-wise, the tires are OK, not too great in the corners on dry days but fine in bad weather.

I've been thinking about putting some slightly larger tires on her, still S or T rated, but with raised white letters. I'm not too worried about the switch from 195/60 to 205/60 messing up my computer or anything.

I'm considering either a Cooper Cobra GT or BF Goodrich Radial TA- both available in this size, with white letters.

Any opinions about the tires?

Am I the only guy who wants white letter tires on a car built after 1980?

:eek:

·
Registered
257 Posts
BF Goodrich FTW...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have cobra gt's on mine and really like them. I was thinking raised white letter to, but forgot to ask for them when I bought them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cliff,

Thanks for the reply.

I had Cobras once years ago but they were on a rear-wheel drive truck- whole different animal from our Cobalts.

How have the Cobras been in rain and snow?

Have you had them long?

What size did you get?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They handle pretty good in rain and snow, I am on my third set, but since they have like a 40 or 50 thousand mile warranty, they only cost like 1/3 the price to replace. I kept them stock size. I have over 40,000 miles on my car and was using to deliver pizza in, so I wore them pretty fast. (I drive pretty aggressive when I am delivering).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.