Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a ram air setup for the cobalt? i know there are ram air hoods but how come no one has came up with a ram air intake setup, like that sits on top of the engine or throttle body and shoots straight down instead of just the cai? we need more performance mods for these cars!

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Or cut your hood over the gmpp intake like one guy did and make it a functional offset hood scoop.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine's functional...

You can get one of the RK sport hoods and use your GMPP intake for a ram air setup.
...just like OBZ says here...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i think it was blue, it was a 2.4 though. Yeah and the hood scoop was small and narrow and not painted, i think it was primer black and sat real far off to the passenger side a little lower then center of te hood.

/puke

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did you have the intake before the hood? did you feel a difference?
Hood, 2.4 Mani and lots of other stuff at the same time....big diff...(^8

The hood works, if you're going fast enough.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I knew you would chime in!
Yea...I'm driving the Cobalt for a few weeks this summer. My M/C is in the shop being repaired (I was hit by a blue-hair in TN).

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I wanted a hood scoop hood but then I figured it's only gonna get the engine bay really dirty and dusty... possibly wet from rain and leave water spots

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Get the RK Sport hood or any other hood that was MADE for Ram Air and build a seal on your aftermarket air box that goes up to the hood to seal the box. Functional ram air, just like the old muscle cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.