Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have the remote start/unlock/lock ect. on my 06 Cobalt LT. I've found during this winter that, on random occasions (So far, only under 0 degrees Celcius) hitting the unlock button on the remote will set off my car alarm.

I can only turn the alarm off by turning the car on, and try as I might I can't get the problem to reproduce on demand. I know the anti-theft system takes a set amount of time to arm itself when the remote is used, but I don't see why the car unlocking would trip it.

It's nothing serious, just a minor annoyance I'd like to fix.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just one question, I'm not sure what 'fob' is. Is it the chip in the key?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, I'll check it out. Worse comes to worse, I can always switch the remote with my spare set.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something new, which isn't really worth it's own thread here...

I recently replaced my right rear t/l lamp, and not a week later I had to do the left one, because both burnt out.

Usually not a huge problem... But I just was going through the service record for the car, and back in December both light were replaced. Going back a bit farther still, on an 85-point inspection (not dated) the bulbs were also replaced...

This a common thing that happens once in a while, or do I have a potential wiring problem?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Something new, which isn't really worth it's own thread here...

I recently replaced my right rear t/l lamp, and not a week later I had to do the left one, because both burnt out.

Usually not a huge problem... But I just was going through the service record for the car, and back in December both light were replaced. Going back a bit farther still, on an 85-point inspection (not dated) the bulbs were also replaced...

This a common thing that happens once in a while, or do I have a potential wiring problem?
Do you have moisture in them?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shouldn't be any moisture, as far as I can see there's no cracks or loose seams in the taillight's setup. Is there a way to check?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Hmmm, well if you don't see any moisture build-up in the assembly, then I wouldn't think moisture is your culprit and I don't know another way of checking besides just looking at it.

I am of no help, lol. :embarrest:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.