Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

4561 - 4580 of 5729 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Had to make a comment to get onto the next page. Clicking 115, > or even manually changing the number in the URL kept redirecting me to page 114.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

A dark, dark time.
Sadly, a time that as of this moment has not completely passed.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
I had that issue as well - I also cannot access the site by typing in "www.yourcobalt.com" anymore - I have to use whatever recent thread link it stores in the URL bar and that works fine. WTF...

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,563
I just do a bump then I can access the page. Kinda screwed up sometimes....

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,565 (Edited)
Never tried cocaine since they stopped putting it in Coca-Cola...

''Coca-Cola was named back in 1885 for its two “medicinal” ingredients: extract of coca leaves and kola nuts. Just how much cocaine was originally in the formulation is hard to determine, but the drink undeniably contained some cocaine in its early days. Frederick Allen describes the public attitude towards cocaine that existed as Coca-Cola’s developers worked on perfecting their formula in 1891.''

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
It sure was/is!

I like to add a little coke to my coke to give it that extra little bit of "fizz".

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I do love Rock Auto. Three shipping locations, so three separate shipping charges:

Two $1.26 Trico "Exact Fit" Wipers cost $7.99 to ship (even before discount, the total is still less than the $8.XX Amazon charges for one)

One set of trans cooler lines to replace the already-leaking-but-not-covered Cruze ones, $7.99 to ship (again, still ending up about $10-15 less than Amazon)

All of this heavy Proforged shit:

$7.99 shipping.

:laugh:

Kind of evens out. They also charged about $45 less than Summit or Jegs for this kit - no brainer!

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Uhg, speaking of parts hording, turns out a FWD LSD requires quite a bit of kit before you can go ahead and install. Been hunting high and low for parts and their numbers that I'd need. This is my revised list so far:

Bearings: 3545A001 & 3545A002
Shim kit: 2522A089
Axle seals: 2502A016 & 2502A017
Speedo gear: 2560A059
Imput shaft seal: 2590A052
Flywheel to crank bolts: 1120A015 (8x) 55 ft.lbs
Pressure plate bolts: MF241251 (6x) 13 ft.lbs

Some people suggest not to run the LW flywheel as paired with the six puck will be next to unstreetable. So I've been looking for an OEM. They're dual mass so naturally stupid expensive ($850). Trying to decide if it's worth it or just go with the LW and see if it's tolerable

Also suggested not to bother resurfacing the original as it's likely burnt and unusable

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
That's what we suggested. :laugh:

Lightweight flywheels are a pain with a disc-clutch. I can only imagine it'd be borderline undriveable entirely with a 6-puck.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
You can't get a used one in good shape???

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
It's quite possible they made the original.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Based on my very brief search, I found a site where it listed the LUK as OEM.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,576
I needed a laptop with Win7 32bit to run the new GM MDI global data, So monday went on an ebay search and found a used Panasonic CF30 Toughbook. These are designed for heavy duty work like garages. Well I received it tonight via UPS during the height of the storm. This thing works great and is built like a tank and almost weighs as much. $174 USd. $298 Canadian delivered. I'm really satisfied, battery is still very good and it does exactly what I need it to do. Thank You

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Toughbook-CF-30-Rugged-Laptop-1-66Ghz-3GB-160GB-DVD-Wi-Fi-BT-Win7/122319291473?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
And! You can drop it on purpose!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I had that issue as well - I also cannot access the site by typing in "www.yourcobalt.com" anymore - I have to use whatever recent thread link it stores in the URL bar and that works fine. WTF...
Same issue, kinda driving me crazy haha

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

I found a Luk branded OE one for considerably cheaper. Those any good?
From what I've seen they make flywheels for quite a few oem's I know the saab oem flywheel was a luk

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

I needed a laptop with Win7 32bit to run the new GM MDI global data, So monday went on an ebay search and found a used Panasonic CF30 Toughbook. These are designed for heavy duty work like garages. Well I received it tonight via UPS during the height of the storm. This thing works great and is built like a tank and almost weighs as much. $174 USd. $298 Canadian delivered. I'm really satisfied, battery is still very good and it does exactly what I need it to do. Thank You

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Toughbook-CF-30-Rugged-Laptop-1-66Ghz-3GB-160GB-DVD-Wi-Fi-BT-Win7/122319291473?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
I'd be interested to hear how it holds up to a little abuse, got some programs that need 32bit so I need a new laptop eventually anyways, would be nice to have one specifically for the garage

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Btw LuK is extremely good quality. Asked my dad and he says he's never had a LuK clutch fail from a defect. He's installed thousands of them and says they're the only clutch he buys so their flywheels are probably equally good.

4561 - 4580 of 5729 Posts