Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so my brother had a cobalt for a few years and it started throwing the random misfire code and not being able to idle. My dad bought it and threw a bunch of parts at, he says every sensor, throttle body and coil pack+plugs. Now it's my problem and I wonder if anyone could help. It runs right every 20 seconds then it'll start to sputter then go back to running right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine has always done the same. have never found the issue. keep me updated if you ever find culprit. i gave up and just deal with it. mine hasnt caused enough issue for me to devote anymore time into diagnostics

·
Registered
2008 Chevy Cobalt Special Edition (2.2l) two door coupe
1 Posts
Hello, so my brother had a cobalt for a few years and it started throwing the random misfire code and not being able to idle. My dad bought it and threw a bunch of parts at, he says every sensor, throttle body and coil pack+plugs. Now it's my problem and I wonder if anyone could help. It runs right every 20 seconds then it'll start to sputter then go back to running right.
Are you getting a code for the cam shaft position sensor from your misfiring? We have a 2008 Cobalt 2.2l, and when my son had it the car, he had a similar issue, and threw several sensors at it. We used a meter and checked the voltages at the camshaft position sensor and found some discrepancies. Turns out it was the connector (pigtail). We bought a new one from Advance Auto Parts and spliced it in. Took care of the problem. BTW, they actually had the connector (pigtail) in stock, so it seems that it is a common issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts