Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago, I was driving on the highway, in heavier traffic so my speed was varying a bit. All of a sudden my steering wheel starts shaking so violently, I had to pull over. After I pulled over, and took off again on the highway, no problem. This problem has progressed. My steering wheel shakes randomly, but now my gas pedal has a vibration when going anywhere between 55-70 mph. And the steering wheel shakes violently at the same speeds randomly. I took it into the dealership twice now. The first time they balanced my tires... didn't fix it. The second time they did a recall for my car on power steering issues. Didn't fix it. I had my brakes checked, tires balanced yet again, and no one can tell me what the problem is. Can you help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can confirm having similar issues with my wife's 05, still haven't found the problem, just did the brakes and tire re-balancing to no avail also. All the ball joints and what not seem ok, no cracks in the plastic or anything. Still looking for a solution, we are going back to the dealership tomorrow, not expecting much from them though!!

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
there are a lot of threads on this, however I know I had the same problem at 40k and now again at 90k miles. at 40k they replaced the control arm bushings and that fixed it. Now they say that I have a bad steering rack.

·
Registered
745 Posts
yeah, i didnt ave power steering for over a year til the dealer fixed it, so now i think i have a bad steering rack. i can feel it shake in my steering wheel, i have warped rotors, but i can clearly feel that its not all brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.