Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, a quick question for you. I have an '07 2.2L auto with about 66K miles. Over the past week or so, I've noticed a somewhat persistent rattle when I'm on the highway (60 or 70mph). At first, thought it was just another rattle courtesy of GM's build quality...but it sounds like it's coming from the undercarriage sort of on the right side of the car. Any guesses as to what it is? Does it sound like it could be a big issue? I'll probably take it to the dealer but not 'til the weekend. Don't know if I should be hesitant about driving it or what.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
This may sound crazy, but check your door pockets or glove for loose items. Been there... The last rattle I tracked down was the sun visor not clipped in the bracket. Stupid thing was driving me nuts.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Does it shake the car?

·
Registered
311 Posts
This may sound crazy, but check your door pockets or glove for loose items. Been there... The last rattle I tracked down was the sun visor not clipped in the bracket. Stupid thing was driving me nuts.
Hey that rings a bell...or should I say rattles ... :)

I decided to keep my tires at 40 lbs for the gas mileage and so I bought a couple tire air guages at Walmart ..one wound up in the door pocket and it made a heck of a noise rattling around in there... had me going for a day or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.