Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a really annoying rattle coming out of the backseat area in my 06 2dr. I can not figure out what it is but is definitely is coming from behind me while driving. Any ideas? It sounds like something is loose or something. Only rattles when it is little bumpy.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have checked that and doesn't seem to be that. Sounds like it is coming from the wheel wells

·
Registered
298 Posts
Might be the swing/locking mechanism for the seat belt.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where would that be?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha Thats not what it is either. It sounds like something is loose in the wheel well it only rattles when its little rough road.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Did you get your car used?
I had a pen in my car (from the first owner) that would vibrate. I spent two years wondering what in my bumper that was vibrating, then one day getting the jack out of my trunk I saw this old, crusty (yeah it was crusty) pen in the dent between the well and the back of the car. There was also a note to be excused from gym class and a lip gloss in by the spare lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lmao. Yeah mine was used but I was basically the 1st owner. It was bought by a dealer and had sat in the lot for a year or 2. He said I was 1st owner. There was nothing under my seats or anything. Im thinking about taking the panels off and seeing if there is anything there, dont think there is but its worth a try, if thats not it than i may take off the black panels on the wheel wells off and see if anything is vibrating in there

·
Registered
802 Posts
My little covers to the baby seat anchors used to rattle, I put a drop of epoxy inside them to lock them shut and that fixed the rattle I had from the sub. Now I have a high pitched squeak. lol
x2 had the same problem but i just pushed mine up all the way instead of makin them non funtionable... also check your dome light if you have system it tend's to work it self to a rattle not real fix other then maybe some super glue... i just stick a penny in it for wen i'm driving and take it out at car shows

·
Registered
802 Posts
lmao. Yeah mine was used but I was basically the 1st owner. It was bought by a dealer and had sat in the lot for a year or 2. He said I was 1st owner. There was nothing under my seats or anything. Im thinking about taking the panels off and seeing if there is anything there, dont think there is but its worth a try, if thats not it than i may take off the black panels on the wheel wells off and see if anything is vibrating in there
reach in and push the inner fender well's with your hand first if they seem to move to easily good chance... also check your bumper it may have come loose

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
My little covers to the baby seat anchors used to rattle, I put a drop of epoxy inside them to lock them shut and that fixed the rattle I had from the sub. Now I have a high pitched squeak. lol
Lmao! I forgot about those little things. I just pushed all of mine so they were standing up. Seemed to stop the rattle back there.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
x2 had the same problem but i just pushed mine up all the way instead of makin them non funtionable... also check your dome light if you have system it tend's to work it self to a rattle not real fix other then maybe some super glue... i just stick a penny in it for wen i'm driving and take it out at car shows
Yeah that too. I used two pieces of mounting(the foamy)tape to make it tight and now its good. I also had to tighten my rear view mirror.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Yeah that too. I used two pieces of mounting(the foamy)tape to make it tight and now its good. I also had to tighten my rear view mirror.
GAH! Thank you sooo much for saying that. My rear view mirror flies off all the time. Never saw that screw there! lol

·
Registered
416 Posts
Do you have wheels or hubcaps? I have the studly hubcaps (have wheels, just not on - dont ask) and they rattle on rough roads. I have to :embarrest: tighten them up every once and a while:embarrest:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Do you have wheels or hubcaps? I have the studly hubcaps (have wheels, just not on - dont ask) and they rattle on rough roads. I have to :embarrest: tighten them up every once and a while:embarrest:
damn i havent had hubcaps in so long i forgot about that last time i had caps was my 05 cobalt but they went bye bye real quick

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No hub's

Mirrors are tight, dome light is tight never gave me a problem, umm... I think I'm going to have to take the wheel well covers off (black covers by tire) and see whats in there

·
Registered
10 Posts
My son has a 2008 and right of the lot it had a rattle when going over speed bumps or a bumpy road and it turned out the dealer had to install grease fittings in the lower rear contol arm bushings, they seemed to hold water in them for some reason.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks. Yeah i do. I'll have to take pictures of the wheel well covers for you... Idk what to call them other than that... I bet you do have them

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.