Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive recently noticed my car has a rattling noise commin from behind the guages....it sounds like somethings loose or something. anyone have this problem or any idea wat this could be. i have takin it out on the dirt road a couple of time's any input would help out thanks.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
ive recently noticed my car has a rattling noise commin from behind the guages....it sounds like somethings loose or something. anyone have this problem or any idea wat this could be. i have takin it out on the dirt road a couple of time's any input would help out thanks.
A dirt road most likely wont cause it if you can count on one hand how many times you drove it on them............did you hit any bad potholes while on said roads?

does it happen generally, or when you hit something fairly hard?

do any of the gague needles flutter when you hit something like a speed bump or pothole?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
naw it sounds like its from under the whole dash. its just when you hit big bumps or on a dirt road you can hear a rattle behind the dash. i talked to a tech and said some ac or other parts can come loose when on to much bumpy roads. any one have any ideas.?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think I had that in my last car. It sounded like change was rattlin around the steering column. I never found out what it was.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
naw it sounds like its from under the whole dash. its just when you hit big bumps or on a dirt road you can hear a rattle behind the dash. i talked to a tech and said some ac or other parts can come loose when on to much bumpy roads. any one have any ideas.?
i had rallycrossed my car the first year i had it, and didnt have that issue????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey, not sure if this helps but I had to have my steering column replaced.... I have a 08 coupe ls only had the car for 4 months so I took it to the dealer with a complaint of a slight rattle/vibration in the front end/dash area.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nova Scotia Driving

Thats what driving in Nova Scotia will get you....

I'm from CB and the roads are SHITE!

What I have is a "clunk" noise when I drive over pot holes. (08 Cobalt LT)

Its esp. loud when driving over a speed bump at a 45 degree angle.

i'm going to bring up your steering column issue next time i'm by Chev.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Thats what driving in Nova Scotia will get you....

I'm from CB and the roads are SHITE!

What I have is a "clunk" noise when I drive over pot holes. (08 Cobalt LT)

Its esp. loud when driving over a speed bump at a 45 degree angle.

i'm going to bring up your steering column issue next time i'm by Chev.
Sounds like your susp. is bottoming out, check to see if there are wear marks on the bumpstop

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ha ha Naw No snake it was the steering colunm had to get it replaced and the shaft as well. good thing i still had warrenty only had to throw down a 100 bucks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just got it back from the dealership:

Had a stabilizer link warn out.

@ 12,000 Km's on the car and this happens???

I'll be getting the extened warrenty...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.