Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a few months, I have been hearing a rattling sound under the front end of the car. Only when I go over potholes and bumps do I hear the rattling. When I release the brake, I hear and feel a clunk from the pedal it feels like. What could be causing the sound and is it something I need to fix asap?

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
Lower control arm bushings.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Ditto on the CAB mine have gone out multiple times. Seems like the drive side wears out faster for some reason. I just ordered a new set of aftermarket FE5 arms with bushings and ball joints installed. Advance has them for like $132 each but then you can use promocode WD518 to take $50 off making them $82 + tax. If you want to go the cheaper route you can just order moog CAB for about $15 each and rent the press tool from the auto parts store. I just went with the FE5 loaded arms because I plan to eventually upgrade to powell CAB which require the FE5 arms

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
On my 2008 in my case it was the lower door hinge on driver's side. Learnt this the hard way after changing every possible suspension part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.