Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ive had my bass system in my trunk for a while. Tommorow im planning on finally wiring it and was wondering if anyone could tell me if they've had any rattling issues, so as im wiring the system i can also fix those issues.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
yeah, the whole damn thing rattles lol. you're not fixing it without sound dampening material. the thing that covers our rear speakers rattles, the deck lid itself rattles, and the black thing under our bumper rattles. also the license plate. and rear view mirror.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, the whole damn thing rattles lol. you're not fixing it without sound dampening material. the thing that covers our rear speakers rattles, the deck lid itself rattles, and the black thing under our bumper rattles. also the license plate. and rear view mirror.
I figured it would be bad because the rear, and side view mirrors vibrate with the stock headunit and speakers alone. lol. Oh well, dynomat here i come. lol

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I figured it would be bad because the rear, and side view mirrors vibrate with the stock headunit and speakers alone. lol. Oh well, dynomat here i come. lol

Thanks for the heads up.
be ready to drop another hundo on dynamat. shit aint cheap, i'd get it off of ebay since thats the cheapest i personally have found it compared to the places around here and crutchfield.

edit
$170 for a trunk kit at crutchfield. http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205&_nkw=dynamat+xtreme+trunk&_dmpt=Car_Audio_Video&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1

bout $80 or so on ebay. i'd just buy a shiz ton of it. and it adds up to a lot of weight, so expect to see the MPGs slip a little

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
What's fun is when you pull into a Denny's or other restaurant and can get all the customers inside to look at you (over 14,000 watts). Rattling glasses on their tables.

A buddy of mine works for a custom audio shop and they did an install in his old truck...this is it now...before it had the bed filled with subs/amps under plexi and didn't have the checkered flag thing going on either:

·
Registered
8 Posts
i spent about $100 on mat. take up any fabric in the trunk area and seal it all.

might be an all day project but when you are done it will be worth the effort.

one thing to add. it might have just been a defect or something but one of the housings for my tails was the source of major rattling, just use a bit of dyno to make the house flush with the metal. also the rear tag lights need to be in a fixed position, i know my model didnt come with a house for them and not sure if its even suppose to have them or not

·
Registered
40 Posts
meh, without dynamat i've gotten interior rattles down to just the manual window handles.

do need dynamat to get rid of the majority of exterior trunk rattles though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.