Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 coupe and wanna get rid of the drum brakes in the rear. what does chevy put on the SS model? best way to go about it?...never taken the whole drum off so idk if I can just throw any ol' thing on it...Thanks!

-PEKO

·
Banned
292 Posts
i'm assuming you have a ls or a lt and ur running hte 4 lug pattern you could go the easy way and get the ss front and rear setup but your lug pattern will change and being you have 20's im sure you don't want to go dumping more money on a new set of wheels and tires, you best bet is to stay how you are, unless its really important to you to switch, in that case turbotechracing has a rear big brake conversion that remains 4 lug but its very expensive at like 1200 bucks i believe. and they also have the complement big brake kit for the front and its like 900 i think.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was afraid of and no I don't really wanna dump more money into new rims and tires. Guess that will be a project for the future.

·
Banned
292 Posts
ya, since my rims are on backorder and i wont be able to place them on order till mid january i'm considering looking into the conversion over to the ss/ sc/tc/ 5lug setup but problem is i'd have to buy the brake let them sit until i baught the wheels and tires then do it all at one time. i may look into it anyhow as it would probably be a cheaper alternative.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah...one reason i wanted all wheel disc is ofcourse braking but i also wanna paint my calipers and dont care for the drum painted look...lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.