Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put new tires on about 6 months ago. Rear tires are gone, tread down to the cords on the insides. I took it into the dealership, and they told me it needs a rear alignment?? I have looked and can not see an adjustment on it. The tires are leaning at a pretty severe angle......I was just wanting to know what I can adjust until I can get it into the shop for an alignment, which will be next payday in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Doing an alignment requires equipment that you don't likely have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not looking to do the alignment myself. The tires are just at such a severe angle I wanted to bring it back out SOME, so that its not eating my new tires I had put on it, until I can get it in and get it aligned.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
You can't align it. If it's far enough out of spec for them to notice, something isn;t right with the beam.

Post some pictures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I was thinking, or wheel bearings. But, why would the dealer tell me to get it aligned? Maybe because it is under warranty, and they don't want to fix anything???......warranty is almost up......

I know the car hasn't hit anything hard like a curb or been jumped.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
a lot of places will check alignments for free. you can at least get it looked at. (a second opinion)

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

or if your warranty is at risk of being up before you can get the alignment done, check with other dealers as well. you may find one actually willing to help (good luck, but you never know)

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
there is no rear camber adjustment on the cobalt that I am aware of. it is a solid rear axle. if the tires are noticeably tipped in there is something severely wrong. the wheel bearings would have to be about ready to fall off if that is the case. or check your lug nuts to make sure they are tight. The most likely cause would be the rear axle being bent causing this problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.