Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"08 XFE, built April '08, 95K highway miles. WTH? Forty-one years of driving; 17 cars; never had one 'til now with a broken coil spring.

There's not even any weight (hardly) in the back?

I am a Chevy loyalist, but my last two have had bizarre things break that I've never had in any single car ever before. It seems that they don't want repeat customers on new Chevys. Hard to understand.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Just need a good pot hole to break one of those and I don't know about your neck of the woods but here pot holes multiply like rabbits. Easy to change, undo one bolt of the rear shock, lift the car and the spring falls out.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Lol. I took mine out and put a new one in and it took about 3 minutes per side. Never had to unbolt anything. Just pull down and the old pop out, pull down on the new and slide them in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Cobalt has a broken RR coil spring and I've been driving around with it for months.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Only breaks the little coils anyway

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Saves you from getting lowering springs.lol

·
Registered
350 Posts
I had to remove my rear coil spring to get to the nuts and ABS sensor plug to my hub so I can replace it due to a bad wheel bearing and also discovered it was broken. Amazon has a new set for $61 that are AC Delco. Seems reasonable to me. I'm not making it a priority right now. Should be fine. I mean, how long you think we've been driving with broken springs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.