Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im trying to get my rear dash panel out to redye it charcoal. i've got the head rests out and the side pillar panels out. but the damn thing still wont come out. is there someone who's done this before? am i missing something?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
you talkin bout the rear deck? you gotta take the pieces around the rear window off, the rear seatbelts, head rest, the rear seat out, then you gotta pop the two tabs holding that is revealed when you take the seats out. then the things should just snap out its held on by clips

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I didn't take the side pillers off. Just push down on the sides of the panel and pop the side panels out of it.
Then i bent the panel in the middle then was able to pull it.
There is also 2 clips in the middle that pop out.
The belts i didn't take off. I just worked around them when i did the speakers.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I didn't take the side pillers off. Just push down on the sides of the panel and pop the side panels out of it.
Then i bent the panel in the middle then was able to pull it.
There is also 2 clips in the middle that pop out.
The belts i didn't take off. I just worked around them when i did the speakers.
this is true, the plastics are good at bending :p

so when you did this, the rear deck didnt leave the car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i went and talked to a mechanic friend and looked it up on his Mitchell program. was a pain in the ass at first, but i got it piece of cake...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lefty loosey, righty tighty... the proper torx head, hammer drill or impact wrench should do the job nicely... I had to take them out of my old Dodge Dakota and a neighbor lent me his from the car dealership that he worked at.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.