Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, people who've already wrestled off their rear deck panel weren't lying when they say it's a bear to remove. Even with step-by-step instructions from Crutchfield, I pried/pulled/grunted and added to my 4-letter vocab working that thing off. Give me a door panel anytime...got the rear speakers installed and everything's back with "0" broken/spare parts so I think we're good. Just had to vent...what happened to the day where we could get to our audio by removing a speaker cover? With all these panels and covers, it's a wonder why manufacturers even ship covers with their speakers anymore...

Oh well, now I'm 2/3 complete w/daughter's audio upgrade...time for head unit swap. Wish me luck!!! :amuse:

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Good luck, let us know how that wrestling match goes.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't get what the issue is, rear deck slids in and out np on 3 Balts I've put rear speakers in..?
Either you're an elf with tiny hands and all the clips, tabs and grooves came apart flawlessly, or I'm a true idiot with following guided instructions.

First, the pillar covers were "heat sealed" to their mating wall panels so I had to bust the beads off to even see behind them. Then the Left side of the deck was somehow stuck...never did figure out why as I ended up yanking and cussing it out. Finally, all three seat belts are in your way so it's like I was a fly stuck in a web the entire time.

Needless to say, re-assembly was much smoother and it's staying in-place for the remainder of our ownership.

Time for a beer...:wine

·
Registered
922 Posts
I couldn't get my rear deck out completely so I kinda just pushed it up and made room and worked underneath it... got my speakers in, in about 25 mins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.