Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
As anyone who has converted there rear brakes to disk brakes. They all say they see no difference. waste of time and money in my opinion. And plus your front brakes to 70% of the braking so why bother.

·
Registered
100 Posts
When I had my Wrangler I converted the rear drums to discs and that worked wonders, don't see why it would be any different in a Cobalt. Discs>Drums

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Jeeps are different from Cobalts, especially when you use the Jeep for its intended off road purpose. Cobalts will rarely see the extreme conditions a properly used Jeep sees. Coming from a YJ owner with 4.3 chevy swap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol. they do look a lot better but honestly i'm more of an off road kinda girl and i know that on my pickup it made a huge difference. don't know that i will change them just for the looks though.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
it's a minor difference. disc brakes require more maintenance but they're easier to work on. it's basically 50-50 here on the win-lose ratio

·
Registered
254 Posts
you can pull rear axel off SS and put stock SS brakes on. ive looked into it, the only issue I have is how brake lines work do u need new ones or just plug and play old ones into calipers?

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
you can pull rear axel off SS and put stock SS brakes on. ive looked into it, the only issue I have is how brake lines work do u need new ones or just plug and play old ones into calipers?
yes and no, it is possible but its not just a swap, there is going to be some fabrication necessary

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Looks like the only fab work would be different hose hangers for brake hoses and that is easy enought to do in a driveway if necessary. All the hard brake components are mounted to the axle.

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
well lt2 and ltz do exist yet they are basically the same, and ffdrift I thought you had an SS? and yes if you put an ss axle on a 4 lug cobalt it would be half 5 lug and half 4 lug

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.