Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just noticed this today. I am not able to lock the driver's side rear door. The nob pushed down, but the door doesn't lock. There is also a spring when I press to close it rather than the normal click to let me know it's locked. When I raised it to the unlock position, it comes out farther than it is supposed to.

I found some videos on Youtube to removed the panel and replace an auto lock, but not a "manual" lock (which I need). And even with surfing the net, I can't find a solution to my "manual door lock" issue.

(I know, I want to upgrade to an automatic system too like some of you have done already, but in time).

Also, I'm not sure what part I need if I want to go the route of diy. Or, what part to buy for someone to fix it for me.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
The mechanism is pretty simple. I would take the door panel off and see if you can see any obvious problems. Like something disconnected or in the way of the piece that pushes down

2005 cobalt base model coupe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mechanism is pretty simple. I would take the door panel off and see if you can see any obvious problems. Like something disconnected or in the way of the piece that pushes down

Thanks. This will be the first time trying something like this, but I've watch a few vids to prepare me!:cry:

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Thanks. This will be the first time trying something like this, but I've watch a few vids to prepare me!:cry:
You'll be fine. I've taken my door panels off like a hundred times. If Youre not sure how the lock mechanism should look take off both door panels and compare the two

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.