Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, back in January, the rear driver-side door was acting up (When we bought it used). You couldn't open it from the outside, but the inside worked fine. Checked the child locks, they weren't on.

Time passed. Now, the door won't open from the inside or the outside, and yes I have checked the locks, they're working fine. I have a feeling that this is the source of my alarm problem I brought up in another thread.

When you pull on the handles, they have no tension on them, they just flip open and closed.

Any idea what's wrong?

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
If there's no tension, then either the door isn't unlocked (which would mean the actuator has gone bad), or somehow the handle has become disconnected from the striker.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How would I go about taking my door apart to fix this? I don't have the money to send it to a repair shop, and the only shop in town are a bunch of cheap jerks who've screwed my family over plenty of times. We're avoiding them at all costs, so I'd like to do the work myself.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Take the door panel off and see if anything is dislodged.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay... I searched the DIY thread for removing the door panel on a Cobalt, but it's only for the driver door. I drive a sedan, this is the rear door- How do I go about doing this, then?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.