Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok is there any way to covert the rear drums that are on my ls to a disk set up if anyone has any ideas let me know please!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Either buy the kit from brembo or buy an ss rear axle its cheaper to get the rear axle BUT it has the 5 bolt pattern as far as I know other than the bolt problem it should bolt right in. The axle is cheaper by the way ive seen them as low as 700 but he kit I havnt seen for under 1000.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I don't think brembo sells conversion kits for cobalts.

·
Registered
450 Posts
wow look at the price tag on that... i guess it's worth it if you're gonna actually put in the time to do it

·
Registered
450 Posts
well definitely worth it then... no one is a winner if they can't stop right

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow. Don't they have any regular rear disk conversion kits? You know, something I can actually afford lol.

·
Registered
222 Posts
You find one let me know plz. Im gonna keep the search up but I have the 5 bolt pattern on mine sooo Im hosed either way.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I believe there is a company in the process of putting one out. I read something on CSS.net about it and there were a few people who've done it custom.

How are you hosed either way? Since you have 5-lug, can't you just replace your rear axle with one from an SS and you're set? Then find some larger rotors for the front...perhaps do an SS swap up front as well (not sure what's involved in that).

·
Registered
222 Posts
I havnt looked too deeply is the bolt pattern the same?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
My point exactly! IMO if you have 17+ in rims, The car just doesn't look right unless its lowered

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.