Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im selling my cobalt it is an 05 base model. i installed aftermarket rear speakers but now im putting the stock rear speakers back in. only problem...i cut the black plugs that connect the wires to the speakers off on both sides. so now i have two stripped wires on both sides. which are the negatives? how should i reconnect them without the black plugs? the left side has a brown and a yellow wire. the right side has a light blue and dark blue. i am an idiot for throwing those plugs away i know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool. how do i know which side is positive on the speaker though? they have no markings on them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was going to give you my plugs off my factory rear speakers but my wife just told me she threw them away. My buddy just upgraded his rear speakers in his balt i will see if i can get his for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool thanks guys. it just sucks cause i kept them for a while too. then i thought "ill never need these!" (of course). if i cant get those plugs ill probably just solder the wires to the metal on the speaker. as long as they are touching it should work.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
go to the12volt.com they have wiring for ALLLLLL types of cars.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks i just looked on 12volt.com. they have the color codes for the wires. but i already knew those. i just need to know how to tell which is positive and neg on the actual speakers so i can connect them properly.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i think i got it. u notice the difference in the cut of the one metal piece on the side of the light blue wire? im guessing that signifies neg so im just gonna go with that and get out the solder gun. thanks guys. if you got anything else ill be checking back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The lighter colors are positive in the front and negative in the back. Dark blue and brown are positive. I dealt with a lot of cut harnesses when I worked at Best Buy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.