Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i have been hearing this knock/sqwauk coming from the rear when at slow speeds and when going over bumps.

i checked All Data and there is a TSB on it that says to replace the rear suspension insulator?

what the hell is that?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's probably the bushing that connects the rear TWB to the frame. How many miles?
26,000. i just bought the car and it started doing it

also today my door latch is screwed. damn door wouldnt open, then once i got it open i couldnt get it to close

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Oh, i gotcha. That's some pretty low mileage for an 06. Mine is at 33,xxx. I have the 5yr, 100,000 mile warranty though.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Lol. My 06 is at 100,500miles.

Dunno about the rear beam, but I had the same problem with the door. They will replace the latch mechanism. In cold or damp situations it wont engage/ disengage. Happened 2 years ago on Christmas for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol. My 06 is at 100,500miles.

Dunno about the rear beam, but I had the same problem with the door. They will replace the latch mechanism. In cold or damp situations it wont engage/ disengage. Happened 2 years ago on Christmas for me.
exact conditions today. cold and rainy/snowy. and you say they will replace the latch mechanism for free?

id do it myself but orielly apparently doesnt sell them

·
Registered
667 Posts
Its a GM part. I havent seen it as an aftermarket. Supposedly there used to be a TSB on it, but I coudn't find it. I got mine replaced at cost, cause I know the dealership and was way out of warranty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its a GM part. I havent seen it as an aftermarket. Supposedly there used to be a TSB on it, but I coudn't find it. I got mine replaced at cost, cause I know the dealership and was way out of warranty.
the dealership i got it from wants $108 for just the part. i think id rather just deal with the problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.