Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has installed one of those bluetooth rear view mirrors. Im thinking of removing my onstar and replacing the rear view mirror with something new. since my bluetooth is gone due to replacing the factory radio thought it be nice. If not bluetooth, anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Get a radio with bluetooth built in. :)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You can either go with an aftermarket w/ bluetooth, or get the stock SS/SC one with just the map lights.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Get a radio with bluetooth built in. :)
That would be the way to go, if you have the dough. (ooh I'm rhyming)

You can either go with an aftermarket w/ bluetooth, or get the stock SS/SC one with just the map lights.
I tried to go that way, but you have to find the right year and the right trim, then you would have to get the dealer to reprogram the VIN. Kinda even more frustrating than the above solution IMO.

Was wondering if anyone has installed one of those bluetooth rear view mirrors. Im thinking of removing my onstar and replacing the rear view mirror with something new. since my bluetooth is gone due to replacing the factory radio thought it be nice. If not bluetooth, anyone have any other ideas?
I got one of those, you don't have to remove your existing one, they are 98% clip ons, only a few exists tha replaces the mirror. They are ok in general, great battery life actually and cheap (about 50$). Mine also has call display and stuff. It can stream your calls into the stereo, but you have to switch to the right frequency... or you can use the built in speakers.

I got mine at dealextreme.com but you can get it on ebay also.

I think it's worth IMO, even if you upgrade if the future you can still use it in other cars so i don't see it as a lost cause.

·
Say What again!
5,997 Posts
Mine rattles when the bass hits. :laugh:

·
Say What again!
5,997 Posts
It's really annoying

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.