Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanting to reattach the lettering in a relocated area. any ideas on what to use to reattach it.?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tried the 3m double tape but it is hard to cut it away around the letters... will check out advance auto thnx

·
Registered
318 Posts
probably gets your blade all gunky, then wants to stick to the next letter you cut.

·
Registered
750 Posts
do not use the glue that shit doesnt work worth a damn. I tried it on my bowtie after i took it off to paint it and it would not hold. It did hold the cobalt lettering to the bowtie but it is very messy and dries extremely hard. If there is any access anywhere it will dry so hard that when you try to remove it from unwanted areas or even remove the lettering again it will actually take you paint off as well

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was using a razor... maybe i will try an exacto knife... did any of you use the 3m double sided tape.. the kind i have is the foamy kind. any ideas... i havnt decided what im going to do yet either. so here is the deal.

i was going to reattach it on the 3rd brake light, but then started thinking that i wanted to tint my tails... dont want to use nightshade cause not ready to sand them and paint. not the greatest at it. so i was wondering if i use limo tint like alot of others... do you think that the lettering would hold ok on it? do you think that the foam would work ok using an exacto? anone have a little tint left over? lol thnx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.