Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help urgently!!!
I'm going to try to make this as short as possible...
My timing chain skipped timing.. 8-9 teeth to be exact
I finally got done putting the car back together after almost 3 full months (full time student and broke my leg in the process)

so here is the problem: I tried starting the car for the first time and it turned over but never started. I ended up getting a P0602 code, basically stating I needed to reflash my ECU/PCM or whatever it is. I reflashed it with my tune from last summer and the code
went away but the car is still not starting..
-I have spark (spark plugs gapped at .045 according to Chilton's..which seems incorrect??)
-I have 60psi at the fuel rail
-Fuel injectors are pulsating, I don't think that necessary means they are throwing fuel.
-All of the wiring was somewhat double checked, got a new battery as well
-I don't think my crank sensor is bad because I do have spark and I'm pretty positive the hex in my exhaust cam housing is aligned properly

I'm not sure what else I need to check, I was 95% positive I had my timing correct but I ended up needing to take out and put back in my left chain guide which makes me think I might have missed a tooth somehow while doing that...

So before I redo my timing does anyone have any ideas what else could have gone wrong that I could check, as I said, I don't have too much time since I'm a full time student and currently on crutches so I'd really like to check everything possible before I waste more time doing my timing. Plus it's sort of a pain working on the car with my leg being broken but I need the car ASAP to get to and from school.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
i might not be able help but for the people that will help (which will chime in soon im sure) state your year/engine so they can help you better

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you have fuel, spark, air and it cranks it should start or your timing chain is off.¸

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Are you getting compression? What year and engine is your car?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
-I have spark (spark plugs gapped at .045 according to Chilton's..which seems incorrect??)
Service Manual says .040 for all three engines for 2007.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.