Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The aux port is shit in these cars so I've been looking for a USB audio Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the 2007+ head units. I tried what ever deal AutoZone had for $13. Surprisingly it worked. But the audio quality was about as bad as the aux port, and it would skip, stutter and lag. Has anyone found a good quality adapter they can recommend?

I know the head unit will cable connect seamlessly to an iphone/ ipod and still allow steering wheel controls to work. Even with youtube or spotify because apple still supports the same media protocol for device connection as the ipod, on the iphone. That and Apples cameras are about the only thing I can give them credit for. Otherwise I'm sworn to Galaxys lol.

I would swap out the radio, but the cobalt I want this for is my 2010 1 owner sub 30k mile LNF and Im trying to leave it bone stock.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Let me highly recommend this short cable if you have the original radio. I can't explain why aux cables have so much static while this one doesn't.

EDIT - I use this magnet with a cheap tablet and hotspot on my cell phone. You have to epoxy the magnet to the dash, even heavy duty tape will not hold it. Eventually I would like a table with a sim card I could add to my cell phone plan but they are very expensive from what I've found.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I actually have found a decent aux cable for the stock radio. I have noticed these radios are sensitive to lower quality cables compared to other devices. The better aux cable did remove all the static. But the sound level was still lower playing the same file on aux, compared to the same file directly through the usb port.
I'll give your cable a chance if I dont find anything for the usb port. Because some extra fidelity would be nice.
But my main goal was to at least get radio and steering wheel controls to work. And maximum fidelity. Which i still feel is only possible by letting the radio read the file directly. Instead of having to amplify it through the aux jack with its shitty amps. And then again through the final amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts