Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys today i bought my fabric for my door panels ive only done one so far cause the other door panel hasnt been started yet...

i started by removing the old fabric and cleaned off the old foam and glue

then i sprayed on the glue and started laying in the fabric

then worked it in to all the edges and curves

then then finished product

took along time to do it but id say im pretty happy with it...monday ill put my door panel back together and reinstall it and take more pics so look out for that next week!!

thanks for checking it out!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea its pretty tricky in general ... i feel like the how to's for this make it sound like its no big deal and to me i feel some of the how to's arent accurate to me ... maybe im doing something wrong but o well it came out nice and im installing it tomorrow

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
your gonna have one of the nicest interiors when ur done imo. looking forward to seeing it installed

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks alot everyone who commented! im not exaclty 100% sure what kind of fabric it is i THINK its vinyl but maybe its actually leather i dont know.. i just liked how it looked opposed to the other blacks i saw...

Id like to add i was trying to put my door panel back together today ... TOTAL PAIN IN THE A$$ holy crap... all these how to's make it look like a 1,2,3 thing but nooooo heh i dont care that it takes awhile but damn reinstalling the insert is the hardest thing ive done on a car.....heh everytime i put it on i didnt like how it looked so i popped it off and tried again...

HOPEFULLY if everything went well ill put my door back on tomorrow and take pics... till then thanks so much for all the compliments and thanks for looking forward to my progress!!!

thanks to all!!!

tick tock haha...i know the feeling

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
god i'd love to do this mod... does anyone know if i can get a leather insert and have it color matched with the blue on my seats so it well... matches? Should I go to an auto upholstery shop? I also plan to remove the blue window switches, paint my stock ones black and put them back on. Otherwise it'll look weird with the 2 different color blue on eachother.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the store i went to had a blue leather like material looks similar to your seats...

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I want it to be exact cause i got shit for having 3 diff color blues on the interior b4 don't want that again...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you can... take a part that has the blue on it already with you ... i did that with my green but changed my mind ... thats the only way really...theres so many different shades and tints its rediculous so do what you can...

·
Registered
101 Posts
thats the only bad part about cobalt colors especially blues they are the hardest to match to paint ur interior and to expensive if u go with a body shop

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
if you can... take a part that has the blue on it already with you ... i did that with my green but changed my mind ... thats the only way really...theres so many different shades and tints its rediculous so do what you can...
Ok I'll give him by back seat bottom cushions :laugh: nah but im sure if i just go there they can color match it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.