Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Pompano Beach, Florida. Thanks for getting back to be so fast.
Yeah, no problem! I usually check this site a lot during the day so I reply quite quickly sometimes :)

Update your profile so maybe you can find people around your area!

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
There aren't really any chips you can buy, aside from the jetchip, which its just a performance upgrade...You can however tune your car... with trifecta.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm gonna thread jack a tiny bit... any clue about hp gains with either of the stages of chips

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ya? their site said 10hp. not to bad. any idea on price... their site said contact a dealer

·
Registered
678 Posts
ok i dont know much about tunes or chips so im just guna say hi, whats up

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
welcome to the site.
trifecta tune is 250 with a 250 deposit you get back when you return the equipment they ship to upload the tune. unless you can find a dealer near you and skip the deposit. as far as the hp numbers they say ten as a general rule. depends on your supporting mods before tune.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
anyone have it... does it actually not void your warranty?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Simply put...any mod you do to your engine can affect the warranty if it is determined that the mod caused the problem. A tune alters the way the car was sold to you...if the engine throws a rod -- and you take it in for warranty -- and they check for modifications -- they will find that the ECM tune has been changed and that will be cause for warranty refusal. Since the tune could have caused an increase in cylinder pressure you increased the chance of failure...That's how it works.

The Jet Chip modules work mostly by getting rid of the Power Enrichment (PE) delay in the stock tune -- @ 4K RPM, very noticable in the 2.4 engine. The advantage of the Jet Chip Modules is that you can simply unplug them if you need warranty work. I used both the Stage 1 and Stage 2 modules on my SS/NA -- the stage 2 ran a 10.07 and the stage 1 ran a 10.3 on the 1/8 mile track -- and my times were right in the middle of posted times with guys running tunes, and all the other bolt-ons I had, on CSS.net. I think that fact proves they work. Jet Chip has been around for decades and I was around people that used their PROMs (pretty much what the modules are) on the dragstrip in the GM computers back in the 80s.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
oh ok. there was a rumour the trifecta woulndn't come up on a scan and I found that kinda hard to believe... might go with with the jet then. is the stage one for basic and the stage 2 for more modified or... thanks

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I don't mean to steer you away from Trifecta -- just telling it like I see it.

I started with the stage 1 and was happy with it. I decided to try the stage 2 and ended up keeping it in the car even though I did not change the thermostat as they recommended. You do have to run higher octane fuel with either one too.

Here is the 1/8th mile list of bolt-on modded 2.4 Cars on CSS.net:
1.)Dunkinuts,[email protected] w/2.26 60',coupe,5-speed,I/SM/ST Timeslip Video
2.)davekicksyourass, [email protected] w/2.225 60', sedan, Auto, I/E/H/DP/CD/T/SM/ST Timeslip VID
3.)Zdeuce4, [email protected] w/2.367 60', Coupe, 5-speed, I/H/CD/E/T/SM/ST Timeslip Vid
4.)Red07SSNA, [email protected] w/2.41 60', coupe, Auto, I/GMH/E/ST/T Timeslip PIC
5.)Viper33884, [email protected] w/2.403 60', coupe, 5-speed, I/H/SM/ST Timeslip
6.)elecblue06, [email protected] w/2.449 60', ion, 5-speed, SM/H/DP/E/T/ST Timeslip PIC

This list IS NOT the best to gauge the cars against each other because the runs were not at the same track and the temperature/humidity was probably different when they/I ran. My car could be faster-or slower-if all the cars ran at the same track on the same day. I am just posting it to show the Jet Chip Modules work or else I wouldn't have been as quick as the tuned cars. ...and notice that 2 of the cars are automatics...so the next time someone posts that the autos are slower than the stick cars...you'll know the truth...:laugh:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
well the main thing is on a car thats 2 days old is I don't wanna lose my waranty so at least with the jet I can pull it out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.