Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
292 Posts
i have an imperial blue cobalt with the ark front strut bar, its awesome looking i'm doing all my performance parts in red, cause just about all of them come in red as a default lol.

·
Registered
450 Posts
how was the difference after installing the bar. because i quit racing due to wheel hop and it the bar fixes it then i'm gonna get it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
the wheel hop wasn't from stopping it was at the line. getting out of the hole. even launching at really low rpm and two stepping i got terrible wheel hop.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the wheel hop wasn't from stopping it was at the line. getting out of the hole. even launching at really low rpm and two stepping i got terrible wheel hop.
stopping/reducing = stopping or reducing, as in stopping or reducing wheel hop -- not stopping the car. The strut bar will have no affect on wheel hop...

·
Registered
450 Posts
wow i totally read that wrong, sorry. by the way that is one sick GT, you've been busy

·
Registered
450 Posts
ok cool sorry i can't seem to find anyones full size pics on this site, i'm trying to get it off of your avatar.

·
Banned
292 Posts
you got a few options to fix wheel hop.

solid motor/trans mounts
ingalls or weapon r engine torque damper
sometimes tires will do it too.

·
Registered
450 Posts
sweet. very nice. Is the etd really worth it? A lot of people say that it helps but i'm so broke right now. Does anybody happen to have one?

·
Registered
450 Posts
sounds like a plan. thanks for all the help guys, i really need to get back to the strip.

·
Banned
292 Posts
i've heard good thing about the ETD's btw weapon r and ingalls are the exact same design different companies, i've heard ingalls is bad for bracket bending but the weapon r supposidly no issues...

i'll be eventually doing the ttr solid upper motor mount / trans mounts pretty sure weapon r ETD and i'll poly fill the other 3 motor mounts that should fix all flex in the motor and put it right to the ground.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.