Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I need to fix a small exhaust leak to get my car smog checked,(thanks California) and decided to give remflex gaskets a try finally since previous work on this problem with locally available gaskets didnt help.

Im using a badmab header on my l61 2.2 btw.

So I got both the downpipe gasket and the gasket where it connects to the engine, but holding the DP one recommended to me by the guys at remflex up to my original exhaust manifold shows me I got the wrong one. Im hoping the shop Im taking it into can find that one locally because the leak was coming from where it connects to the block anyway.

Getting to the point, do I tell them to torque things to the recommended torque of 89 in-lbs(about 7.5 ft-lbs) as is the norm or do I tell them to go with whats recommended on the gasket packaging, which is 20 ft-lbs? I know these gaskets are made to compress, but I dont want to snap a bolt, strip something, or ruin the gasket.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Go with the recommended torque specs of the gasket being installed. BadMap are known for weld imperfections so have the installing tech verify the contact surface for a possible bump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.