Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I will start by saying that I have been looking around this forum for a good while now and it's very helpful, I also post on diesel place for my truck, so I figured I'd start by asking about this trim kit I found, it's by Remin REMIN® - With Power Windows, Full Kit, 47 Pcs. - 2005 Chevy Cobalt Dash Kit - Remin CTCT05B
Now I know these kits are usually crap, but it seems to be priced correctly for a quality kit and it has cobalt specific good reviews. What do you all think?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Definitely would like to get some new trim, I hate how painted trim looks. Titanium Burl or Walnut Burl would look good with my black interior. I seen the wood trim in the cobalt and it looks real different in a good way ha.

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
Looks like high quality stuff - if it fits good, it's definitely worth it for the price.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Dang I was thinking 200 for all new trim would be nice. Keep in mind that with overlays if you screw up it's perm.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah damn, Im glad you cleared that up, I thought it was a full swap, I wanted carbon fiber. I will keep looking.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Pick up a roll of 3M dinoc cf vinyl. It looks good, durable, and easy to install...

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

I had a piece that was 2ft by 4ft and was able to do all of my dash trim and steering wheel caps.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Pick up a roll of 3M dinoc cf vinyl. It looks good, durable, and easy to install...

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

I had a piece that was 2ft by 4ft and was able to do all of my dash trim and steering wheel caps.
How hard was it going around the ends/corners of the trim?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Not hard with the 3m stuff. If you get the cheap stuff it won't go around corners at all. The other good thing about 3m is that its porous so it won't bubble. For like 100 bux you can get enough to wrapp all the trim In your interior. Just take your time, get a good razor blade or xcto knife and you'll be good to go. Also I used a litle bit of super glue where the adhesive wouldn't stick.

·
Registered
44 Posts

can you heat up this vinyl to stretch it around the corners?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.