Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just letting anyone who is putting a system in their cobalt and want to use the stock h/u with the LOC instead of an aftermarket unit. I found a perfect and very functional place to put the remote. I put it in the air bag fuse. This turns on and off with the car. It doesnt matter if your sitting in the car or not. The fuse is for the air bag Light. It works real well. try it out. I just didnt want to tap into my power steering or something important incase the remote wire blew the fuse. I think the fuse is like 2 or 5 amps. Its perfect size. Also I used the LOC-80 made by scoche and It works soooo well. No distortion whatsoever!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I just tapped into the accessory wire inside the center console. It's the big pink one. works well but i also added a breaker to be safe. This way my sub will only work when the key is in the on position. I didn't want to drain out my battery.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i tapped into the the useless (base ls) sunroof fuse its nice cause its switched and its wired so when the passenger door is opened the fuse shuts off in turn shutting ur subs off i like it

·
Registered
450 Posts
thats a pretty sweet idea. i wish i had a sunroof

·
Registered
750 Posts
I also tapped into the sunroof fuse. A fuse that you do not want to tap into tho is the windshield wiper fuse. I did this and then somehow there was a short and caused one hell of a problem. There is a trace from that fuse back to the PCM and in my case the short caused that trace to fry. This resulted in no air bag, wipers, or power steering and a pricey fix

·
Registered
17 Posts
The pink wire is usually ignition. The brown wire is accessory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.