Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im installing my system tomorrow finally after a 3 week wait on parts. So ive heard many ways to install the remote wire but I havent found any that I feel is safe yet so.....does anyone know of a wire that i can tap into at the back of my stock H/U that turns on and off with the car? or if thats not possible how about the fuse box? but i dont want to tap into power steering or something that could create an issue if the fuse blows while im driving or something. I do preffer to wire it to the back of the H/U. Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
You can pretty much tap it into anything that turns on with the ignition switch. It won't take enough power to effect anything. the remote wire is just a signal switch, not powering the amp. Just get down there with a test light and find one. Thats what i did to hard wire my radar detector.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
I would go with just hooking up a toggle switch really simple (Hook up your remote wire to a side on the toggle switch normally says "acc, or accessory" and then take automotive wire and connect that to the other end of the toggle switch, normally battery or something like that, take that exact same wire and run it to the battery (positive) or volt source on your amp. This will not shock you or anything because all it does is sends a signal to the amp. Doing this will allow you to turn your amp on and off on command (if you get pulled over or something) then you don't have to shut your car off if you want. PM me if you need any other information..

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
?? I really don't understand why you would want your amp on a toggle switch.. If you get pulled over, turn it down.. its as simple as that. sorry i just don't understand your logic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.