Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so i have a Cobalt lt coupe 2.2L and 2 days ago i forgot my headlamp on all night than needed a jump to start it ! Since then my remotes are not working anymore to unlock the doors and the problem is that the lock on the actual door was cancel by the previous owner so to get in the car i need to get trough the trunk! So i tried everything internet had to offer well i think, but my remote are not working and tpms light too since i dont have sensor's in my wheel but everything is working fine with the car no code on the obd but my remote are not working and the tpms sensor too, so i checked the fuse changed a lot of them inside the car radio etc. But nothing helped. One of my theory is that the car need a code to be insert into the radio to allow my remote to work but can't tell since my radio was change for a aftermarket one.

I really don't know what to do and im about the change the clutch and other things so i dont want to spend a lot on thing i can fix myself.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Check the battery in the remote, it shouldn't need to be reprogrammed from a dead battery. While you have the remote apart check the contacts out as well. They may need to be cleaned on the circuit board and the pads themselves may be wore out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the battery in the remote, it shouldn't need to be reprogrammed from a dead battery. While you have the remote apart check the contacts out as well. They may need to be cleaned on the circuit board and the pads themselves may be wore out.
Well the remote was working well the day before and i tried both of my remote so i wouldn't think the remote are the problem :/

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Could just be coincidence. Maybe the battery in the remote was just about dead and just happened to die when your car battery was drained. That would be the first thing I try. Also the key fob is know for the battery contacts break off. I would start with the cheapest option. Open the key fob look at the contacts replace the battery. Report back.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Well I found this in a post on another forum from about 10 years ago, it's worth a try, but it still wouldn't hurt to pop the case open and check everything out inside. They are also prone to bad solder joints.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could just be coincidence. Maybe the battery in the remote was just about dead and just happened to die when your car battery was drained. That would be the first thing I try. Also the key fob is know for the battery contacts break off. I would start with the cheapest option. Open the key fob look at the contacts replace the battery. Report back.
The battery would have died in both remote pretty special case if its the case but i can try it, it still doesn't explain why the tpms not working either it just look like there's a problem with the board or something

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The battery died in the vehicle you might need to perform the TPMS reset. Unfortunately I think you need the key fob to do it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The battery would have died in both remote pretty special case if its the case but i can try it, it still doesn't explain why the tpms not working either it just look like there's a problem with the board or something
Check out you tube there are video how to"s for TPMS reset.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Did you jump the battery directly in the trunk, or do it under the hood on the dedicated jump posts? Really the best way is to charge the battery disconnected from the car so not to do possible damage to the electrical system. Hopefully you haven’t burned up a module jumping the battery.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Wonder if my advice was taken. This was posted on Cobalt SS.net as well. I gave the same advice there.... No response on either since.... Usually no response means it's been fixed and they don't want to come back and say we we're right after they argued it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts