Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea so i'm looking at putting a remote start system into my 06 lt sedan, and was wanting to know if anyone on here has remote start. if so what system do you have, cost, and how do you like it?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hmm i wonder what that would cost? also what is your range on the factory one. the one i'm looking at has a 6000 ft radius and it's a 2 way.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have remote start and also LOVE it. It's great for the winter and summer as you can either heat up or cool down your car before you get in. I'm not sure about the stock version of this as I have an aftermarket one. But after you start the car via remote, the doors will lock and if someone steps on the brake the car dies. VERY nice imo. But I heard that you can only get remote start for automatic - not sure if that's true though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i've been wanting to do this myself as well. have a '07 LS sedan. let me know what you found out but i'll be keeping my eye out for this tread. thanks!

·
Registered
416 Posts
yea so i'm looking at putting a remote start system into my 06 lt sedan, and was wanting to know if anyone on here has remote start. if so what system do you have, cost, and how do you like it?
Forgot to mention that it cost me about $300 installed, but that was also with an alarm system installed, and I had the dealer pay for it. Muhahahaha! Nothing like buying an LT and getting an LS. They had to spend about $1,500 in aftermarket accessories since they screwed me out of em when I bought the car.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
they wouldn't put it in mine cause i'm manual and i always wanted 1 :(

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgot to mention that it cost me about $300 installed, but that was also with an alarm system installed, and I had the dealer pay for it. Muhahahaha! Nothing like buying an LT and getting an LS. They had to spend about $1,500 in aftermarket accessories since they screwed me out of em when I bought the car.
thats crazy, i wish the dealer would pay for mine, lol.

i know that they can do aftermarket ones in manuals, at least with the viper systems. so i went to best buy just for the fun of it to see how much they would charge. remote start system by itself 299 to have it installed another 260. ive got a friend who works for a car shop and they use compustar systems said they should be able to get it done in about the 350 ta 400 doller range and it's got a 6000 ft radius with 1 2way remote and one standard. so i'm think i'm going to do that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.