1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Not factory, I don't think....

·
Registered
168 Posts
sure can, if anything I believe Best buy sells it but I do not think I'd let 'em do it.
They definitely do, at least around me. My friend worked for geek squad and installed remote start on his 6 speed RX-8.

as far as letting them install it, idk about that. I've never had work done there and my friend did work on his own car so of course he made sure it was right and didn't have to pay their high prices.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
They definitely do, at least around me. My friend worked for geek squad and installed remote start on his 6 speed RX-8.

as far as letting them install it, idk about that. I've never had work done there and my friend did work on his own car so of course he made sure it was right and didn't have to pay their high prices.
On a manual? Or does he have the paddle shifters, that I can believe.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Yea, I was looking at getting it at their store(friend works in the install area) because they had a black friday sale on the kit. He said they work with manuals, there is just some wire or something they have to hook up to let the system know whether car is not in gear or such so it does not start while in first lol. I do not remember but needless to say I did not get it because I really do not need. I would rather just go to my dealer and order it up and pay out the rear for it to be done lol. Its do-able yourself but you better know what you are doing.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^ yeah, I would rather just leave it in the garage and deal with the cold for a few minutes than pay for a remote starter. But, I wont have to do that this year I got a POS daily driver now!! Woo

·
Registered
985 Posts
I work at futureshop (Best Buy is the same company) and have done 3 cobalts now. Mine has one and its a manual tranny. Theres just a sequence you run turning off the car to put it into "ready mode" so the car knows you arent in gear. All you do is set the ebrake, ensure the clutch and brake arent pressed (therefore in neutral), turn off keys (engine continues to run) and get out, close the door, car turns itself off.

Its a pretty simple install if you can solder and know how to test wires and know your colors. LOL Takes about 2 hours if you take your time.

You also need an immobilizer bypass.

We charge $130 for basic starter, $130 for install, $100 for bypass, $50 for bypass install. Sometimes theres sales on where the starter kit includes the install.
So on sale its just under $300 total. They also do door locks and trunk

·
Registered
462 Posts
I work at futureshop (Best Buy is the same company) and have done 3 cobalts now. Mine has one and its a manual tranny. Theres just a sequence you run turning off the car to put it into "ready mode" so the car knows you arent in gear. All you do is set the ebrake, ensure the clutch and brake arent pressed (therefore in neutral), turn off keys (engine continues to run) and get out, close the door, car turns itself off.

Its a pretty simple install if you can solder and know how to test wires and know your colors. LOL Takes about 2 hours if you take your time.

You also need an immobilizer bypass.

We charge $130 for basic starter, $130 for install, $100 for bypass, $50 for bypass install. Sometimes theres sales on where the starter kit includes the install.
So on sale its just under $300 total. They also do door locks and trunk

He said it, even though I wouldn't take my balt to a Best Buy store due to their outrageous prices, that's how most of manual starters work with ready mode.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.