Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Chevy dealer up the street from my house and the guy told me there was not remote start option available for my 07 Cobalt. Is this true? I thought I read somewhere that if your remote works from more than 100 ft away from the car then your car is already set up for remote start. I don't remember where I read that but any info would be great. Thank you.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have remote start.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oh that I would be the bomb!!! Right now its so cold outside w/snow. It would be great to get it started in mornings and the ride to work would be the bomb.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it seems that dantastic would like to bring the phrase "The Bomb" back! HAHA Thanks for letting me know you have it on your cars ConwayCobalt and Cherry GT. I think the guy really didn't know what he was talking about anyways at the dealer mostly because it took him all of 30 mins. alone to tell me that this was not an option for my model. Now my next question is does anyone know how to tell if my car is ready to get the OEM remote start put in? Could it be as easy as finding a FOB on eBay and programming it to my car or is there something else I have to buy to put on the ECU? Thanks again guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.