Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
anything is possible with enough money and time. Since you asked the question I'm going to say you're not good with electronics, so your best bet will be going to an audio shop and tell them what you need. Good luck!!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Does your car have keyless now? Then you just need to change your key FOB from a 22733523 to a 22733524 for 05-06 or from 15252034 to 22733524 for 07-10, get the GM starter module if not installed already, plug it in and enable it with a TechII in the BCM.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anything is possible with enough money and time. Since you asked the question I'm going to say you're not good with electronics, so your best bet will be going to an audio shop and tell them what you need. Good luck!!
No the reason of asking was cause i seen a guy with a jeep n auto starter and i was thinking of what i wanted for Christmas so i thought id ask if it was capable of doing to my car, and if i could how much or were i could look for it n what the product name would be.. im fine with my electronics i put my lights in my halos n my speakers in. And plus with something like that im getting it professionaly done cause im not doing it in the winter out side in the snow lol F that!!

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

He meant keyless like to open de door locks, do you have a control that open the locks or you have to open your door with your key?
Oh my bad yea i have a keypad that i unlock my car with lol.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Jajajaaja sucks when it is sknowing and you want to work on your car...or when is too hot LOOL!!! JK....well to be honest I am not familiar with the OEM Remote start coby7 knows about that, I didnt use anything OEM for mine, i tell you what i got for my car ....

My car had no alarm so i got first the alarm with the remote start option

Viper 5904
Had it professionally installed and i bought the Remote start module...and I was set with the Viper remote you can turn your car on/off within 1 mile...I wantes more than that so I got a Viper SmartStart That let you control/monitor your car from anywhere in the USA and Canada no matter how far from you car you are thru an app on iPhone/Andriod/Blackberry

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
That's what I paid for my viper with smat start installed way well worth the money even if it was more.

Smartstart has a annual fee of $50

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That comes with the module? Lol n how much u pay

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Could i just get one the starts the car n locks it or i use my keypad to lock it? I dont need the alarm just wanna start it while its look say if im warmin if up at work dont have to get in n wait

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

Locked^

·
Registered
583 Posts
I paid 250 dlls for the alarm itself....It doesn't come with the module...I paid 50 dlls for the module...the smart start it does have a year subscription..(I Paid the 3 years)....and I paid 120 dlls for the installation of everything....

If you do no need the alarm your best bet is going for the OEM Remote Start, Coby7 advise is there I am not familiar with it sorry.....

·
Registered
583 Posts
you just need to change your key FOB from a 523 to a 524, get the GM starter module, plug it in and enable it with a TechII in the BCM.

Thats what he said LOL !!!.....Ammm. but honestly I believe it will be as expensive as putting all the alarm and modules together IDK!!...check prices nd if is about the same I recommend you to get the alarm, because once you start putting money in your car, you will need an alarm for sure :notrust:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Make sure you don't already have it. My lt came from the factory with it. I think that's what coby is saying. If it has it already all you gotta do is buy a new key fob and have it programmed

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Just edited my previous post #3 with FOB numbers.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.